If you reply to an ad for a used vehicle for sale and the seller tells you they are in this military and that they are selling their vehicle which the military will ship for them, it is a SCAM.

The military will NOT ship a personal vehicle for the purpose of selling it for a military member. They are saying that they are going to use the Exchange as a third party to handle the funds until the transaction is complete. The Exchange (Army & Air Force Exchange Service – AAFES) does NOT deal in the sales of used cars! They only deal with new car sales for military members OVERSEAS who are buying directly from the manufacturer.

The seller will say that the Exchange will send you an invoice directing you to MoneyGram the funds. THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!!!

The most recent scams have come from;

Greenlight888@hotmail.com

support@exchange-service-inc.info

exchange@agreement-department.com

Had an Experience with Exchange Inc?

Comments

#741979

A victim got scammed by a "tech sgt." with the Air Force. Googled the airman's name and found he was a real person, scammers even used his personal info that was attached to the Wright Patterson AFB newsletter article, to make it sound even better. victim sent $2500.00 for a honda accord, via Moneygram, then waited for shipping info, but instead got email stating an insurance payment of $2300 needed to be sent also.

to anonymous1 #1116692

It appears that I got the same scam and lost $1200 on the Honda with a tech Sargent from McGuire AFB. It is the same scam. So far I haven't gotten any additional cash requests yet!